Styling a Coffee Table with Chairish

When it comes to styling my home, I tend to be a bit of a minimalist- in both color (neutral always wins it for me) and accessories. And when I do buy trinkets and decor, it has to be something I really love to look at. But I do love putting together areas of my living space that pop a little more, and give the entire room a nice balance of visual interest. One of the places I love to do this is with a coffee table, so when Chairish approached me about my take on styling one of their gorgeous vintage coffee tables, I was all in. 

Chairish is an online resource, and basically a design lovers solution to buying and selling vintage furniture across the country. The company features beautifully curated pieces, and includes everything from art to decor to rugs and lighting too. I was asked to share my tips on styling, using one of the gorgeous vintage coffee tables available in their shop right now. My heart jumped a little when I saw this four drawer black lacquer lovely, and it was so fun to put together a collection of accessories and must-haves that would make this gem shine. 



I started with the necessities: the items that would ground the entire look, while also keeping everything together. This white hexagon tray is dainty and functional, and I thought it provided a nice juxtaposition to the masculine lines of the table. 

My next go-to is books. I love switching out really great coffee table books periodically because they are constant conversation starters, and tend to be lovely to look at too. I have both of these books- Erin Gates’ Elements of Style and Coco Chanel by Lisa Chaney- and both of their black and white covers are the perfect amount of neutral yet stylish for this table. I also love mixing in other trade style books, whether they be for entertaining or even just photo books. My biggest requirement for a really great coffee table design is that it’s both functional and beautiful. 

From there I will always have a candle and flowers. I love finding soft, floral scents that aren’t too strong for the room, and it’s always a bonus for pretty containers too. This Cucumber Pop candle would be a great way for a subtle addition of color in the mix, and I love how the rim is in gold, pulling it together with the neutrals too. 

Finally, we can’t forget ‘les objets’- the accessories that really speak to your personality and finish off the entire look. I loved this lacquer box (perfect for the functional purpose of concealing anything from remotes to the small items that have no place to go) and this vintage brass wishbone for style and luck. 


It was so fun to find pieces to style this beautiful table; Be sure to check out their entire collection of coffee tables here. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails