Preparing For Baby | Designing The Nursery

It is officially less than a month to go before baby H makes his debut in the world, and what a whirlwind the last few weeks have been! From room prepping to baby showering to just getting bigger, it's pretty evident that the time is near. I'll be sharing the final nursery pictures soon (just a few more additions here and there), but wanted to share a tidbit of my inspiration with you all. I've been so smitten with the soft, calming color of gray, that it became the basis of the entire room design. I also decided this time around to create a room that spoke more to my personal taste vs. having everything so baby-like. There are still plenty of sweet baby touches (including modern safari-like animals and pops of rust orange for a bright contrast), but in comparison to kiddo #1's nursery {Note to self: just because you're having a boy doesn't mean everything needs to be blue}, this one is definitely more sophisticated and grown up. It's turning out to be not only beautiful, but serene; I think it will be a room that I will love being in day after day.




And speaking of baby, I ran across this post over at Oh So Beautiful Paper, and I just loved the idea of promissory notes for new parents. They would make an awesome and meaningful baby shower gift too:


Even though I've been a mom for four years now, it seems almost like the first time around knowing that there will be two kiddos now. Any advice from any moms out there? And how about all of you new mamas and moms-to-be...what are your fears, excitements, thoughts? Would love to hear!

Xo,


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails