Some Newness Around Here

Hello lovelies, happy Thursday! This morning I'm taking a break from the holiday inspiration (at least for a little bit) to talk to you guys. You see, we (I) have been having a little conundrum regarding the blog, its content, and dare I say a little bit of an identity crisis of late. You may have noticed, especially since this post, that we've been featuring more than just wedding-related content on the blog, including lifestyle, party, and even nesting posts. These posts have been popping up here and there as we have also been focusing more on lifestyle in our wedding planning processes too- it becomes more and more apparent to us, at least for the style of events that we work to produce and the clients that we work with, that lifestyle is so important. One of the first questions I ask a bride when we sit down to design her wedding will be about her personal style aesthetics- from what she likes to wear to how she decorates her house (do you like modern, clean lines? Lean toward rustic?). The way I see it, an ideal wedding or event should be designed around that lifestyle- it will seem the most comfortable to the couple and to the guests. And it's one of the best ways to ensure a unique event too.



But there's more to this. If you've ever worked with me, you know I like to talk. I like to daydream (often alongside you), I like to think out loud, and sometimes I make bad jokes and occasionally ruin punchlines. After writing about all things weddings for 5 years, I've come to realize that the blog needs to not only be an inspiration to you, but to me as well. I need an outlet, folks. I enjoy writing on the blog and I love interacting with clients and readers. But I've felt the blog has become a little stale over the last couple of years- sans personality (which is totally not reflective of me or Soiree as a whole...just pop in at a team meeting sometime. You'll see how animated we really are), a little too corporate. While we represent the business of weddings, we also represent a very emotional and exciting time in one's life....and I think the blog needs to reflect that.

With that said, I'm officially holding myself accountable to more personality into the blog. You might see some posts that are just from me, babbling. Others might be of cool interiors we find interesting or inspiring. You'll still see business and wedding tips, as well as plenty of wedding inspiration, but just don't be surprised if you see a picture (or three) of my kids along the way. Because Soiree is my life, but my life is my life too and I hope I can share that with you here. I want this blog to be an inspiration to you for whatever you're planning at the moment- whether it's a wedding, party, or organizing the new home you just moved into with your new husband...and it's my hopes that you'll get to know me, and us, a little better as we go along too.

So there you have it, thanks for letting me get that out there. Have a great rest of your week and hope to see you back here soon!

Xo,




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails