Brandi's 2012 Holiday List | Simple Sophisticate

The tree is trimmed, lights are up, and I've already had my eye on the many holiday gift guides going around in the blogsphere of late. This year, instead of doing a gift guide round up like we did last year, we are personalizing things a little bit by posting our personal favorites that we'd be giddy to receive ourselves. If you missed Stephanie's, be sure to take a peek if you fancy fashion, and we've got more holiday and wish lists coming up this week and next for you.

As I was putting together my holiday list, I took a look at it and realized everything (ok, almost everything) was pretty practical and would be reasonable additions to both wardrobe and lifestyle, and all of the items would graciously carry one well into next seasons to come. Or so says my voice of reason. That was when I named mine "simple sophisticate", because that is what I'm focusing on this year...getting back to my roots and really building a foundation that can be accessorized as seasons come and go. Then add in the fact that I'm currently six months pregnant, I'm finding the more basic and classic I go, the better off I am (and saves me mad frustration in the mornings as I find things to wear).

So forgive me as I channel my inner stylist and post my current most coveted things here...if anything it might give you some gift ideas if you're currently searching for someone with classic, simple taste (or just needing ideas for your own wish list).


From Left to Right:

1. Boucle Peplum blazer from Jcrew. I'm currently loving all things blazer right now, especially since I can pair them with a fitted tee to show off the baby bump. Not to mention blazers always keep me feeling pulled together and ready for business or play.

2. On The Dot studs from Kate Spade. One of our good photographer friends has a pair similar to this, and I am always staring. Sometimes a gal just needs a basic, non-fussy pair of earrings and these fit the bill.

3. The Dodocase for Jcrew. I currently have a sleeve that I keep my iPad in, but as I carry it around to every single appointment I know I need a little more protection. This one is stylish and even has a camera hole.

4. Coach Poppy perfume. As I've sworn off all forms of scent since becoming pregnant, this is literally the first perfume I've come across that I was not only attracted to, but rather smitten with. Its citrusy properties with a touch of floral undertones really makes this a fresh daily must have. And come to think of it, brides, do check this out- I think it would be a lovely scent to wear on your wedding day without being overpowering.

5. Moss Stitch Cowl Neck by the Gap. I usually lean more toward basic blacks and gray, and tend to be quite fickle around color, but I find this violet-fuschia color striking. I think it would dress up those basic blacks in a nice way.

6. A new family portrait by Rifle Paper Co. This hand-drawn portrait is of Oh Joy's Joy Cho and her sweet family. How perfect is this as a gift idea? Send in a favorite photo and Rifle Paper Co will turn it into personalized stationery for thank you notes and such, but I love the idea of framing it as Joy did to use as family momentos each year.

7. Okay. This may be one thing that is neither practical nor a reasonable item. But the fact is, I want one. I want him. Dear Santa, can I have my French bulldog puppy this year?

What's on your list this year?

Xo,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails